Marinalife 2021 Photo Contest
Entries: April 1- September 10, 2021
General Contest Information:
- The host of the contest is Marinalife (ML),101 W. Dickman St, Suite 1000, Baltimore, MD 21230. Phone number: 410-752-0505.
- ML is seeking images that illustrate the water loving lifestyle. These are not categories, merely suggested topics. :
- Landscapes and Seascapes
- Fishing and Recreation
- Marine Lifestyle
Who May Enter:
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
- You must be at least 13 years old to submit a photograph in this contest. If you have not reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence at the time of entrance, then your parent or legal guardian must enter on your behalf.
OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
How to Enter:
- Submissions will be accepted from April 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time until September 10, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- To enter, you must visit marinalife.com/2021photocontest and complete the entry form with the required information, including your name, address, location of the photo, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- You also need to acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry complies with all the requirements set out in these Official Rules.
- All photographs must be in digital format, although they need not be taken with a digital camera. Scans are acceptable, provided they meet the requirements of these Rules.
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- You may submit up to three (3) photos, provided the photos you submit are no larger than 25 megabytes total. Each photo must have a caption. All images must be submitted as high-resolution JPEG files. Each photo must be at least 8×10 (or 2400×3000) at 300 dpi and three (3) megabytes or larger. If you submit any photo that falls below this high-resolution standard, that photo will be ineligible for this contest.
- Submitted photographs must be the original photograph of the entrant and must be the property of the entrant.
- Photographs must not infringe any copyright or trademark rights or violate any rights of privacy or publicity.
- Photos that contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content will be disqualified in ML’s sole discretion.
- Photos may not have been published previously in exchange for monetary payment.
- Only minor editing of the photographs is acceptable. Extensively manipulated images will not be eligible.
- If any of your photographs depicts any identifiable person(s), you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of such photograph, a release signed by such person(s) (or, in the case of a minor, his or her parent, or legal guardian). A copy of the releases to be signed can be found here: marinalife.com/2021photocontest. You must send a copy of all required release(s) to ML within seven (7) days of the date of your submission. You can e-mail the release(s) to [email protected] or you can mail them to: Marinalife, 101 W. Dickman St
Suite 1000, Baltimore, MD 21230
- 3 winners will be selected. Winners will receive a one-year membership to the Marinalife Cruising Club. The winning photographs also will be displayed on www.marinalife.com, in an ML e-newsletter, in ML magazine.
- Marinalife will e-mail and/or call all winners on or before September 10, 2021. Therefore, it is very important that your submission has a valid e-mail address and telephone number. Each winner must complete additional forms as requested by ML, to receive a prize.
- In the event of an unclaimed prize or the failure to return any required documents by the stated deadline, ML reserves the right to select an alternate winner or not award the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable, nor are there substitutions or cash redemptions, except at ML’s discretion if the prize becomes unavailable.
- Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who must sign all releases.
- No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received.
- Official judging of these three awards will be performed by a panel of ML employees. Judges will make their selections based on subject matter, composition, focus, lighting, uniqueness, and impact. All voting decisions are final and at the discretion of ML.
- Only winners will be notified of the contest outcome, but you can view a list of the winners, which will be posted online at marinalife.com/photocontest by October 1, 2020, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time, and will remain posted until at least December 31, 2020, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Other Important Information:
- All entrants retain copyright rights to their photographs. By entering this contest, all entrants grant Marinalife and affiliated parties the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publish, and create derivative works of all photograph entries in connection with Marinalife’s mission in any media now known or hereafter developed, including in Marinalife publications, on websites, and other promotional materials, as well as on merchandise. Marinalife does not need to obtain additional consent from entrants relating to or to notify entrants prior to, the use of any submitted photographs. Marinalife will credit the photographer when feasible at Marinalife’s sole discretion. In addition, Marinalife reserves the right to edit captions. By accepting these terms you are also agreeing to give all of these rights to Marinalife’s 2021 Photography Contest sponsor, Sunbrella Marine, to use the photos submitted.
- Entries become the property of Marinalife and will not be returned. Marinalife is not liable for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, or postage-due entries.
- By submitting a photograph in this contest, the entrant grants ML the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use the entrant’s name, city, and state in connection with publicity regarding the contest and in connection with the use of the entrant’s photograph(s).
- All taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Marinalife is not responsible for any tampering with this contest (e.g., hackers, viruses, automated entry devices, and other). Marinalife reserves the right to terminate or modify the contest at any time in case of technical failures or other issues outside of its control. ML also reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Official Rules.
- By entering this contest, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Marinalife, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from all claims, losses, damages and liabilities arising out of their participation in this contest and the acceptance of any prize awarded hereunder.
- This contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to its conflict of law rules. The forum for any dispute shall be in Annapolis, Maryland.